Sunday, February 22, 2009

Our weekend

We had such a great weekend with Glamma and Grandpa here. But sadly it was not the perfect weekend. I wish it could have been different for them. But the kiddos are now sick and they were off and on miserable all weekend. Poor Glamma and Grandpa for this to be the weekend they were here when the girls were just not at their best. As a result I did not even get any photos of them all together which makes me even more sad.

Friday was completely crazy. Uncle Eric was a real trooper and spent his free day with us running from appt. to appt. with us. I had two dentist appts.---with the endodontist to check up on my tooth (bad news: the infection has not completely healed yet! can you believe it?) and the regular dentist for a check up (good news but long appt.) Then we grabbed a very (very!) quick lunch and hit the pediatrician's office, late but within the 15 minute grace period by 1 minute, for Abigail (she was fine). We were so wiped out Madelyn did not even make it to dance class. Just too much craziness. I cannot stand those kinds of days.

Saturday, after Madelyn's soccer, we did make it to the Science Center. It was nice since Abby missed her class field trip last week there so it was nice she still got to get there. Oh what fun we had though while we were there. I think the illness set in after that though so what a bummer. Luckily they seem to have it less than I did so here's hoping for that.

I have been Lysoling the house so hopefully the germs will just die and none of our guests will get sick next. Kevin seems to be on the edge. 'Tis the season.

A bright spot for Kevin and I was a date night last night. We bowled with some friends and went to a bar! It's been a while since I have been out in a bar on a Saturday night, thus the exclamation point. Though we were both tired it was fun to be out.

Now I am nervously hoping for a great week ahead.....when will we ever get back to the norm?

No comments: