Sunday, April 5, 2009

Quadruple Tri'

Today was our big game day! Kevin, my dad, my brother and I completed the indoor triathlon at our gym. Collectively we did quite a great job. I am very proud of us. The guys were especially excellent. Sadly, I am officially in worse shape than this time last year, and I did not do as well as last year in the bike and run portions. {Swim: 15.5 laps; Bike: 9.4 miles; Run: 1.62 miles} But that is a-ok. I had fun and no matter I DID IT. That is still a heck of an accomplishment and quite a distance considering normally on a Sunday morning I might not have even burned a quarter of those calories. So I am still quite proud. I do not intend to even look at where I placed among the other 99 people who completed the race. Last year that brought me down.

But I did it, I feel great and I am very proud of all of us. (Kevin, my dad and brother, I am certain, will place very well!)

2 comments:

Kara said...

Congratulations! How fun that you all did it together!

Kara said...

Congratulations! How fun that you all did it together!