We survived our week without Daddy and had some fun with family and friends. M & A spent the night at my parents' one night which gave me a break and allowed me to attend a MOPS MNO to learn how to make sushi! I am not a big sushi fan personally (Kevin is) but it was so much cool. If my iphone and computer were getting along I could post a photo of my very first California roll I made. Very fancy looking. My friend who taught us was amazing! Later that night I also stopped in to the neighborhood women's group. It was nice to connect with the neighborhood ladies. It has been a long time since I had two events on one night, much less a "school night." Next year will not be so easy but that is an advantage of afternoon preschool.
Another highlight of the week was dinner at CFA with friends. Always a fun treat when we are on our own. Playtime and dinnertime in one. They were so exhausted on the way home it made for an easy bedtime. What can be better? M was so tired she actually requested to go straight to bed without reading any books. That is very unusual.
Yesterday afternoon there was no school for M. It was picture day for A so she went to school. At first I was worried she would not want to go since M was home but not the case--she could not wait to get in there! Too cute. She was all excited to wear her "picture day" dress also. In fact when she put it on in the am they both swooned. I meant to take a photo of them myself (M was dressed up as well) but forgot. We got a little sidetracked by making cutout cookies in the a.m.--there was flour everywhere and yet that get-out-the-door-for-school rush came quickly as it does every day. So hopefully the school photos will turn out. Apparently the pose was them sitting at a desk. So funny since they never sit at desks in preschool. But it should make for a great shot.
After we dropped her off, M and I met my mom to check out a tea room for Madelyn's birthday. She has been talking about a tea party almost since her last b-day. Her b-day is still a bit off but when I called for info. they were already booking up the holiday season. We had planned to try it out (would she like real tea and scones?...could be party disaster if not.) They were booked so we could not partake but we peeked and it it pretty. Probably too pretty for a room of 5-year-olds. But we will still go there maybe just when the grownups outnumber the kids. Anyway we opted for lunch for us and a brownie for her at another coffee shop and then a visit to the toy store. It was a good afternoon.
Then the rush was on. Pick up A, get M ready for dance class, drop off a meal to a new mom and get to dance class. It was rushed, esp. with the horrible weather and traffic but we ran ourselves around well.
We brought M's buddy home with us for dinner so that was a real treat for them. I was surprised how much they enjoyed the butternut squash ravioli. Score!
With all the excitement of the day it did not end so well (people were tired) but it ended and that left me time to clean up the house which looked like a tornado had passed through. It is so tough to find a balance between letting the kids clean up and doing it right yourself after they are asleep.
They are so sweet when they are asleep. I totally could watch them for hours. I should take a photo and then remind myself during the day when they are not so sweet.
K arrived home around 11, just in time for me to feel a little twinge of getting sick. I thought it could be the cleaning products stuck in my lungs. Not so it seems. Hopefully it is short lived and mild. I have been getting caught up in the H1N1 hype. Scared of its potential. To be honest I did pray a little bit just to get a minor case (we do know people who have/had it) so we would not have to worry about getting the vaccine or not getting the vaccine. Sometimes you have to watch what you pray for. I hope we will all be okay. It is a very good day to sit on the couch under a blanket.
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment