Monday, January 29, 2007

I've lost my purse!

I've kind of fallen into typical mom mode as far as fashion goes. Sad as it is. I could be a candidate for "What Not to Wear." They would have a field day with me I am sure! But the one cool name brand item I have is a Coach purse. Well Madelyn being the typical girly girl I'd wished for LOVES purses. I think even before she could walk she would sling a purse over her shoulder and crawl around. This has always amused me. She even has quite a collection of fake credit cards, an empty gum packet, pens, etc. she stows in her purse. It is pretty funny when she throws it in the front of the play grocery cart loaded with her Elmo, random play food, blocks and whatever else and zips around the playroom.

Anyway, you see where I am going with this.....my Coach purse is her very favorite. I mean I have to dig in the toy box if I want to take this purse out. Last summer we had a babysitter because we were going to a wedding and she did not cry because we were leaving she was crying (big, crocodile tears!) because I was taking HER purse. It was a gift so I am not sure how much it cost but I am pretty sure it cost way more than a typical 2-year-old's dress up fashion should cost. The real question is will I ever really get it back? Doubtful, I'd say.


While I am on the subject of money holding devices, I did it again today. Abby and I rushed to the store after dropping off Madelyn at school. It was nice and leisurely actually which is a weird thing to say about a trip to the grocery store. But as I loaded all of my items on the conveyor belt I realized, I did not have my wallet. I knew where it was right away--it was in my other coat pocket, at home. I have done this SO MANY times lately. Since I have made this embarrassing mistake before I knew just what to do---the lady rang up my groceries and then I had to come home, get my wallet and go back to the store to pay. So embarrassing. I think Abby actually gave me a sigh as to say "not again, Mom!" I really have to do Peapod again from now on.


The best thing about today: Despite the grocery store mix up, I accomplished a lot today including a great workout! The scale is moving down again.