I just finished reading the book, Angels in the Waters, with Abby. It is a very interesting book. We received it as a gift when Madelyn was born and she always loved (and still loves) this book in a way that does seem supernatural or something. It's all about a baby before he/she is born. Kind of like a spiritual "Look Who's Talking." Anyway, Abby was so interested in this book tonight. She was touching all the pages and listened intently the whole time (and it is not a super short book.) It really made me wonder about the girls' angels who watch over them....or anyone's angel for that matter. Are they still around? Who exactly do angels protect? Well I believe it and I think Abby does too. You can read it on-line at http://www.angelinthewaters.com.
But we had a good day. My mom (Nana) was here with us and that is always a blessing. We went to the library and since she was with us we did not cause a major scene for a change. As you can imagine going to the library by myself gets pretty unruly. I usually have Abby in the carrier and Madelyn running all around like a crazy girl. One time I even "lost" Madelyn for a moment. Instead of calmly looking around---and going to the children's section---I just blurted out to the librarian, "I lost my little girl!" What a rookie! But other times I have been known to have Abby in the Baby Bjorn and dragging Madelyn along haphazardly off my hip. Plus the diaper bag on one shoulder and the book bag full of 10-25 board books on my other shoulder. It must be quite a scene. I wish I could look more together in those situations. Oh well. That's my weight training....carrying two kids (approx. 36 lbs. total) around. It's embarrassing nonetheless.
We treated ourselves to lunch at Friendly's. The service, as usual, was painfully slow. We have learned to order practically as soon as we sit in the always sticky vinyl booth but it still takes forever. After Madelyn said hello to every old lady in the place (Abby blissfully slept) we finally had our lunch. Madelyn had a cheeseburger and broccoli. That's right. I will continue to pull this off until she realizes a cheeseburger usually comes with french fries! It hasn't clicked yet that I get fries with mine and hers comes with yummy vegetables instead. I did let her have her ice cream.
It snowed again a little bit so when Madelyn woke up from her nap, my mom stayed inside with Abby and we went outside to play. There was so little snow that us running around in it made it all go away. She slid down the hill and after the first run it was all mud. Hope that comes out of her light pink snow pants! It was great to have some one-on-one time with just Madelyn. That is so rare these days!
The best thing about today: Having a chance to take a shower long enough to wash my hair, exfoliate, shave my legs, dry my hair afterward and put on make-up! On a weekday this is quite unusual. Sadly, several of these luxuries are omitted.
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
First, I must start by saying I love Friendly's! We don't have them out here, but how I love the friendly frank! :) I love the angels book! I just went online and read the whole thing. So cute.
Post a Comment