So I keep saying I am going to slow down but I really do not seem to put that into practice. I guess I did stay in bed today until almost 8 a.m. That was an anomaly.
We made it to the fabulous gym again today. Madelyn could not get in there fast enough. I was just trying to juggle my card, the bag and Abby and as I look down Madelyn has already gotten a squirt of the antibacterial goo and is santitizing her hands. She is positioned at the gate like a track runner ready to go as soon as the flood gates open and her entrance to the magic play area is granted. And she's off! She bounds into the main area and leps into the mega-stroller thing where she last left off. That girl is funny. Especially since she was the child who I rarely left anywhere alone because she would just scream her head off. Times they have changed.
Abigail was not so enthusiastic. She was fine if I stayed there but when I turned to leave she pouted her little lip and started with the waterworks. It was really pitiful. I'd distract her with a baby doll (of which there are many to play with!) and she would get all excited. Then I'd turn to go and out came the lip. The workers were so nice...they assured me she was fine and shooshed me out. Of course she was fine.
At pick-up about an hour later she was content but not racing around having the time of her life like little Miss Life of the Party. Madelyn honestly would have preferred if I left her there I think. It was fun to see her interacting with the other kids. The toddler/preschooler group dynamic is one intersting social experiment.
It seems it is official we have a pint-sized ballerina. I guess since Ms. Carol measured Madelyn for her recital costume she is definitely in. I cannot help but be so excited. Thank you God for giving me girls. Honestly even if she does not keep it up that will be fine. It is an expensive activity to be sure...the preballet costumes are significantly less than the other costumes. I guess since they will need so much less tulle. ??? I have no idea. I am quite excited for the open house in two weeks when we can see what they are "working on" in there. I will not be a stage mom. I will not be a stage mom. I will not be a stage mom.... hee, hee.
Abby had an appt. today with the pediatrician to check up on her ears. She reports there is fluid still but no infection which I guess is not completely abnormal. At this point she is not recommending tubes which I am glad about. Of course we would have done whatever she recommended but I am glad that was not her recommendation. We did discuss a change in diet (ie. eliminating dairy) which is something I have heard a lot about lately. The pediatrician did not seem convinced but said of course if we want to try it we can. We are dairy addicts in this house so I'd rather not. I mean a day without cheese in some form is honestly unimaginable. But again we will do what we have to do.
What a treat Kevin came home early today to attend Abby's appt. One can never have too many hands on that job! I've often thought I should hire a babysitter to accompany me to the pediatrician.....you ned to be an octupus to handle two kids there. All that touching all the stuff. The floors at Wal-Mart (eeewwww) are probably cleaner than at the doctor's office---no offence to the doctors. Really what do people with more than two children do?? I mean even with man-to-man defince Abby was still in the trash can. (Yes, I antibacterial lotioned her hands thoroughly.)
Kevin then went to ballet class while I went to the other side of the beltway to see my friend Jen try on wedding dresses. Since my days of being the bride are long, long gone (much to my dismay!) I have to live vicariously through my friends. Oh what fun it was to see her in the gorgeous gowns. A real live princess. Madelyn would have loved it and immediately added her to the "princess force." I am happy to report she found the dress and at a great price. June 14th, as it turns out, is really not that far away. Just goes to show you how out of the bridal loop I really am.
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment