I'm glad I am doing the "Mommy and Me" school thing with Madelyn. It is a lot of fun to have 2 whole hours devoted to playing with just her. I sometimes get 'jealous' of people who only have one child. I think that is the single hardest thing about having more than one child: I cannot give them both my undivided attention. But this is the perfect scenario. She certainly seems better for it also. It is so fun to play games, sit in the circle, paint, etc. along right along side her. It really is a pretty unique thing because as they get older it really looks bad if you are too involved (ie. Helicopter Mom!)
Madelyn played pretty nicely. The kids were a bit more comfortable today so there were a few scuffles, nothing major. Madelyn really wants to get in the "triplet" group. I cannot remember if I mentioned them last week. There is a set of triplet girls that are just adorable. I think Madelyn thinks she may get in their club since she also has fair skin and longish, blonde hair (always clipped with a pretty bow!) She really could be the fourth sister. (A side note about this family: They have a brother that is just 18 months older than them---yep, a 4-year-old and THREE two-year-olds. God Bless Them.)
The program is very nice---the right blend of structure and free time. I am not loving the teacher's style per say but she is new so it might take her a while to warm up. I mean, hello!?, it's not Harvard but there are a few basic preschool teacher things that could be ramped up a bit (like the singing). She is very gentle and kind though and knows the kids. Madelyn can finally say her whole name.
Today Kelly stayed with Abigail and that was such a huge help. I think they had fun too. Thankfully despite a few crocodile tears as we left it sounds like she was pretty calm.
We went to our favorite, Chick-Fil-a, for lunch and that was big fun for Madelyn. A couple of her "friends" were there also so she was right in there with the big kids. She is such a hands-on girl and that is not always cool with the other kids. I mean she really just likes to hold hands or reach out and touch everyone. It's not necessarily a bad thing. Just a thing. It is so interesting to watch them play and listen in on their conversations.
When she grabbed my bag and walked toward the door (unfortunately I did not notice until she was at the door!) I knew it was time to go.
I am off to play Bunco with the girls and then on to a fun, busy weekend.
The best part about today: TGIF!
Friday, September 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment