Our very own room makeover is underway and I am nervous and excited. Check this out: my friend Kim's sister, April, is starting a her own business, AFP Interiors, redesign, staging and decorating. It is so cool! She is taking a class that needed a few rooms to redesign during the class. Sure, I thought. Who can beat free advice? Especially for something that I really do not have much of an eye for. They were looking for people who were willing to paint their rooms also. What the heck, I thought....just like Trading Spaces or the like right here in my own home. So I sent her some photos of our family room...and we got picked!
Soooo. The team (four "students" and an instructor) came by this afternoon to help select a color. I gave them some general suggestions of what I liked in color and they called me a bit later and gave me the assignment.
SW6186 it is, Dried Thyme. I am so nervous. Nervous about the color and how it will change the room (it is currently a very neutral beige-ish) and if we can really get it all painted by Friday morning! They will come Friday a.m. and start the redesign. From what I understand they will "shop" around our house for items, rearrange things and add some new items. So by Friday afternoon we should have a whole new room. I definitely intend to post before and after photos. I am excited! (And still a little nervous too!)
Excuse me if I am not around much in the coming days.
Now on to that painting.....
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How exciting!! I can't wait to see the finished project.
Post a Comment