Friday, April 18, 2008

Springtime delight

It seems we have already moved into summer bedtime routines. By that I mean pretty much ever since the time change we have been getting the kids to bed much later than I usually prefer. I have always been a fan of early bedtime. But now it is almost 9 p.m. and I just tucked them in. Hmmm. Maybe the later bedtime is why they have been so cranky lately? But who wants to go to bed when it is still warm and light outside. Kevin is at the O's game tonight with our neighbor Pat so Amy and I went for a wonderful walk. The girls were in their pj's and barefeet. (If that does not say summer than I really do not know what does.) But if we'd adhered to the normal bedtime we would not have been able to enjoy that. I guess they are making up for it with their still (amazing!) marathon naps so I guess they get it all in.

Poor Abby girl is struggling.....she's been battling a pretty bad cold (Madelyn is almost over it) and also has probably the worst diaper rash I have ever seen. I have no idea what caused it but I suspect it might be the juice box she had yesterday. Juice boxes never seen to work with her very well. But she is sneaky and gave her best "please?" with puppy dog eyes to my friend yesterday who was passing the juice boxes out to all the kids.

No comments: