Wednesday, April 16, 2008

This means war

Gosh darn it, I saw a dumb snake again. I am not sure if it is the same one or a different one but in a way I guess I hope it is the same one and not a whole family. I'm such a chicken but I'm honestly a little nervous going into the backyard. Today I was surveying the area before we went out to play and looking all around the grass in the previous places. Then as I turned to walk back toward the kids there it was on the sidewalk right next to me. I of course screamed. I am getting the shivers just thinking about it.

My friend Sharleen says to get over a fear you have to put yourself in that situation for 15 minutes. I had a dream this week that I was holding a black and white snake for 15 minutes. In my dream I was starting to like it....and even let it around my neck. Aagggghhhh. But obviously just dreaming it does not count because I am still scared.

I think it is time to wage war and if I see it again, I cannot make any promises for what will happen. Though that scares me too. I have a pretty hard time squashing spiders so I really cannot imagine offing a snake. Then I get into the whole "God's creatures great and small" thing....

I just hope the next time I see it, Kevin is around. I'll hide behind him while he does the dirty work.

No comments: