Thursday, April 10, 2008

Welcome Spring

.........please let us roll out the red carpet for you, warm weather! We hope you are here to stay. It actually felt like Spring today. Finally! We took full advantage by opening all the windows, hitting the playground and eating dinner outside. The latter were a little harried but it's so nice out nothing can get us down.

The playground. Well I am a meek mama in this regard but I get really nervous at the playground. It used to be because Madelyn seemed to small and she would fall. Then Abigail was a baby and Madelyn was still small. Then Madelyn was more independent but Abigail was only crawling (and eating mulch.) Then they were going in different directions. Now Abigail just wants to do whatever Madelyn is doing and Madelyn would like to help (as in push her down the big slide) her. Ack. But we went to a fairly low key, manageable park today and I think we will go there a lot and work our way up. I mean Abby was just trying to annoy me. She'd get all the way to the high up to and just stand with her tippy toes over the edge. Honestly it would have been a cool photo but I was freaking out too much to stop and take it. As a result I also got a nice workout in climbing, jumping and sliding. If you can't just sit back and watch them you might as well join them. And it was really fun. They even had some togetherness with a dual ride on the swing. I think we used to refer to this as the spider. But maybe I just made that up?






The dinner. Then since we were feeling so outdoorsy we stopped at the store on the way home to get stuff to make burgers on the grill. Oh they were good (if I do say so myself.) We have not had burgers in a while so it fit in with my "30 different meals in 30 days" challenge that is going strong! Madelyn requested outside dining and we were happy to oblige. Abigail has been resisting her booster seat which has left her roaming around, on the table and in and out of her chair throughout every meal (it's really getting annoying!) so the outside dining with her was a bit of an adventure. But it's early in the year. She's bound to get hungry eventually and will need to slow down for a second to eat.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Sounds like a fun day! Please let Spring be here to stay!!