Thursday, May 15, 2008

At the playground

Today we had what I affectionately refer to as "wild card Thursday." We never have anything set on Thursdays so that is our one always free day (Mondays too) to do whatever. We were supposed to meet up with Nana and Pop today who were due to arrive home from their cruise. However, Mother Nature had a different idea and because of the very severe weather on their way home from Bermuda they were delayed by a day. Well that all adds to the "wild card" doesn't it? ;)

My default is always to go to the gym. Good for the kids, good for me. So we were trying and trying to get out the door to the gym this morning and it just wasn't working. We had a gorgeous weather day so I threw the idea of taking a walk. Well whaddya know, the girls got their shoes on in record time and they were at the door in seconds. We had a very nice walk and ran into some neighborhood friends. We had time and energy left to burn so I suggested the playground. More uproarious energy for that idea! So we headed to the nearest playground (which I find to be pretty manageable with the two on one defense I have going). Can I just say we ALL had so much fun? The girls were such amazing listeners. I mean I had to wonder if I truly had the right kids. I played pretty hard at the playground myself and did everything but squeeze myself into the bucket swings (that would not have been a pretty sight.) Let me just tell you, it has been quite a while since I hung upside down on the jungle gym! I can see why kids are in such good shape. Heck, I probably got a better workout at the playground than I would have at the gym. We'll see how sore I am tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I can just imagine you on the playground. I totally agree that is why kids are in great shape. Wouldn't it be great if the gym equipment was as much fun as the park? :)