Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ch-ch-changes

I can do it. Yes, I can do it. I am changing my e-mail address and it is causing me some stress. It really should be simple but as a stay-at-home parent my e-mail is a lifeline. We are switching providers. The switch is something I have been wanting to do for a while because we have been unhappy with our service on many occasions. But it is changing my e-mail address that has been holding me back. Fed up for the very last time, we finally made the leap and set up an appt. Then a few days before I chickened out and felt I had not properly transitioned my e-mail. So it was rescheduled. The guy called on Monday and said, "I'm on my way!" and I was like, "NOooooo! You are not scheduled until Friday. I am not ready." Then I left the house in case he showed up anyway. So Friday it is and that day is not too far away. I sure hope all my peeps (that means you!) make the change and add me to their address book. E-mail is my lifeline. My lifeline!

I doubt I will be changing addresses for quite some time because uploading all the contacts and whatnot was a real time sucker. There was some automated thing that sent out my new address notice (you probably received it) but I have no idea who it really went to. Supposedly everyone in my address book but I received a reply from someone I was pretty sure was not in my address book. Oh great now everyone I have ever e-mailed...including random Craig's List people....have my update. Technology is always defeating me. I just cannot keep up.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

shoot I didn't get an update! that's why I use gmail, btw, you can use it with mail programs, it's free and it'll never change with providers :)

Diana said...

I got the update! I can completely understand where you're coming from. I've had the same email address for 8-1/2 years, and switching it would cause me great angst! I hope that the change over goes well.

Natalie said...

Not to cause even more stress, but I didn't get an update, either! I have gmail and love it! They give you so much storage you NEVER have to delete anything. A great feature for a busy mom!

D2 said...

And you can add one more to the
"I didn't get an update" :) No update for me either. Don't disappear without sharing your new address.