Oh 'tis the season for floppy shoes. Crocs, sandals, flip flops. Madelyn is into them all. Oh so stylish. But oh so unpractical. Today in fact we had two incidents when we lost one shoe. The second was just outside running around in front among the neighbors. (Running around barefoot is like a rite of passage so I can overlook that a bit.)
But the first time we lost a shoe today was en route to our almost weekly CFA visit. It was a wild morning (no surprise!) when we got the call from our best CFA buddies to make a visit. Our arms can always be twisted. So we stop at home briefly to get the produce in the house and make a bathroom pit stop. We hop back in the car and off we go. As is often the case by the time we arrive Madelyn is barefoot. Okay, okay, find your shoes and let's get inside..... She looks but can only find one shoe. Luckily they are not the real Crocs, they are here Mocks, as I call them, but still it;s the beginning of the season. We look everywhere and nothing.
No shoes, no shirt, no service? Eek! We go in anwyay but I have Abigail in the stroller since I have to carry the one-shoed wonder. A pure spectacle. Though no one offers to hold a door or anything. Where are the good samaritans or boy scouts when an old lady needs them? No one even seemed to notice the lack of shoe though I had to cringe every time that little barefoot hit the floor. Oh and of course we had to make a visit to the restroom while we were there. That was interesting. But a whole separate story all together.
Sure enough as we pull into the driveway there is the little pink Mock awaiting our return.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh man...I'm glad you found the mock at home but what an adventure without that one shoe.
Post a Comment