Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday Bust

Getting up to go shopping at 4 a.m. for some reason sounds like fun to me. I even woke up this morning around 3:30 a.m. and thought about it. Crazy! I like the uncommon shopping hours. Two years ago when Abigail was just a little bitty I did almost all my shopping between 10 p.m. and midnight. That was kind of fun. Add in all the "hot deals" the day after Thanksgiving and today would have been a perfect day to get out there. But we are doing ok on our Christmas shopping and do not have that much more to buy (we're keeping it very low key with the Disney trip in Feb.) So when we woke up this morning Kevin and I decided we'd go to the gym. Since the kiddos crashed at my parents we could pop out of bed, into gym clothes and be on our way before 7 a.m.

En route to the gym, I was looking through the ads and confessed to Kevin that I was just curious about the toy store and thought maybe we should just check it out. We went in and it was a madhouse! I then remembered why I do not like to go out on Black Friday. We did find a couple things we could get but the line, which snaked in between aisles all the way to the back of the store, snapped us out of it.

So no super deals for us and no gym either. But it was kind of fun to get out there and shop before the sun is fully up.

No comments: