Tuesday, November 18, 2008

MOPPETS duty

Today I got to see firsthand why the children are so eager to attend MOPS. I mean I know I love the 2.5 hours of time every other Tuesday. Part of the participation in the group is to take a turn working in the MOPPETS classrooms. This year I was hopeful I would be in one of the rooms with my own children so I could see what they do and how they intereact with their friends. Luckily I was assigned to the Chicks room, which is Abby's group. Oh what fun! While the downside was I surrounded by 10 runny noses for 2.5 hours (man, those 2-year-old sure have the colds!) I also got to see all the cute things they do. It is really so sweet to see little children talk and play and learn about Jesus. I was suprised that Abby was not much into the large group singing time. However, when we got in the car and popped in the new CD of songs they sing together, she and Madelyn were "rockin'" out from their car seats. It made my day for sure. Looks like we have a new favorite CD.

No comments: