Monday, August 25, 2008

Birthday week

I have long celebrated my birthday week. And here it is again. I am too mature (or too old!) now for countdowns to my birthday. But there is something special about your child's birthday that you look forward to ever more, even if it does not fall within the same week as your own. I am a big birthday person. I love them all. Not just my own but the birthdays of everyone who is near and dear to me. My more recent attempts to remember all my friends' birthdays have been feeble at best. Mommy brain in the flesh. But I do still try. As they say in Disney's Happy Birthday Princess song (a current chart topper in our house), "This is your special day! We want you to have the best, Happy Birthday Princess."

Anyway, last night Kevin and I had to sit back and just watch the conversation between the girls. Madelyn was trying to prepare her little sister for her birthday by letting her know what to expect. It was just precious. I wish I could remember their conversation word for word. Madelyn told her there would be singing, cake, presents, etc. After every pause Abby would say (adorably) "Oh" like she had never heard of such things before but she was filing it away so there would be no surprises with the celebration fare.

So I guess she can consider herself fully prepped for birthday week.

No comments: