Monday, August 4, 2008

We're going on a trip to...

So we are getting ready for the big driving trip. Today was a big prep day that lead us to taking the car in for a check-up/oil change and to the library to stock up on materials for the road.

At the car dealership the guy asked what we were in for and I told him an oil change and could he give it a little look-see to make sure all is good before our big journey. So the guy says, "A trip!" and asks Madelyn, "Where are you going?" To that she replies, "To Chick-Fil-A!" We had to laugh. We had a MOMS outing there today and I gave her the business about being good this time or this will be the last CFA date for some time to come. So it was on her mind indeed. It was just too funny! Kids---they really focus on the here and now.

Our time at the dealership got even funnier when we made a pit stop in the car dealership restroom before setting off for the library. We go in the bathroom and lock the door. Just then an 80s song (I have heard of it but cannot recall the title...I think it was Gloria Estefan though) starts playing. Both the girls just bust out dancing. It would have made for a great You Tube video but it is fun to replay in my head. They were totally getting down.

The library stop was a big success also but hopefully no one else in the county will need any materials in the next couple weeks...we really stocked up! Two bags full of videos, books on tape, books, music CDs...we are ready for the 34+ total hours in the car (Chicago is 12 hours each way and then LaCrosse is an extra 5 each way).

Now just about all that is left is the packing....my very least favorite thing to do. That can wait. I'll put it off for as long as I can. Maybe I can put on some 80s music and the girls can dance me through the packing. Now there is an idea.

No comments: