No errands were checked off the list but surely after the kids took a good nap I could get back in the game. yeah right. Well naps are already kind of in the optional category in this house these days and the fact that the gas company was jackhammering the street right outside our front door between 1-3:30, naps were laughable at best. In fact they fooled me. I was going about my business (cleaning) and it was quiet. I thought, oh ha-ha, they like a little background noise. Well not much later I heard a little bump. Suspicious, I went to inspect. The doors to both of their bedrooms were open so I knew there was trouble. Into Abby's room I went to find her sitting there, pleased as could be, surrounded by about 25 books from her shelf. "Hi!" she says, as if she were wondering when I was going to join the party. Madelyn is crouched down in a basket behind her rocking chair. As if I could not see her! Geez. It was funny though. So we gave up the pretending and moved on with our errands which I am happy to say we got mostly completed.
The last thing for the day was to wash the car. It really needed it after the trip and last weekend when we were parked on the end of a very dusty parking lot. I thought what a fun activity it would be to heave the kiddos help us wash the car. It was an activity all right. They were both pretty into it. Madelyn was especially into spraying her little sister. Oh it was so sad and a little bit funny all at the same time.
"Working at the car wash-yeah!"
No comments:
Post a Comment