I am a total playground wimp. Maybe I have mentioned this before. But I often get so nervous at the playground with the two children that never seem to go in the same direction. Some of these new playgrounds are pretty complicated and large and I just avoid them unless I have "man-to-man" coverage.
We are fortunate. We have a lot of great, manageable playgrounds around here that we all enjoy. Madelyn is a whiz on the swings now and Abigail has mastered not leaping off the high up, open sides. Whew. Plus at some of these select playgrounds I can actually have a conversation.
But we need to expand. This summer I am conquering this playground fear and we are having so much fun. It helps that the girls are older and can really handle themselves on almost all playground equipment. But I have found a few things to make the experience better.
1. Dress them in the matching, bright colored clothes. The tie-dyed shirts Nana brought back from clown camp were not only completely adorable but made it very easy to spot them both at a moment's notice at one of the playgrounds I am most fearful of.
2. Bring friends because they will run in their pack. At the MOPS playdate this weekend it worked perfectly.
3. Don't be afraid to go on a hot day. My kids spent a majority of time sitting on a blanket in the shade eating blueberries and apples.
No but seriously, we have been having so much fun as playground junkies. The weather has been downright dreamy this week so that helps too. Plus the additional bonus of tiring everyone out.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment