This week has a clear theme: transitions and playdates.
This is a big time for transitions of my "mommy leadership" duties. Yesterday in fact I passed on the info. on the job I am leaving with the local mom's club (MAC) and got updated on what I will need to do with my new role in MOPS. I don't know what I was thinking! This job is going to be a lot more work and possibly even more hassle and grief from the peanut gallery. But, crazy as it is, I am still looking forward to the challenge ahead. Maybe it will be a lesson in toughening the skin, which I can always use. The bulk of the work will be this summer and early fall so that is good considering my situation and how busy we may be in the new year.
Playdates have been another big thing this week--and there is a list of friends we have not seen in so long due to our activities. So more playdates are sure since we have more friends we need to catch up with. I used to not really enjoy playdates myself but I am happy to say so far so good. I guess we are just getting in the groove of "playing nice." I feel like I have probably addressed this before but doesn't it sound so fun to have a playdate? How fancy! Oh and it is. new toys, new scenery, drinks (watered down juice always tastes better from someone else's cup apparently!); and of course the snacks! But the kids are totally into it and often scheduling "playdates" of their own. Though Madelyn is into sleepovers now. She has had two already. But a sleepover to her means a playdate that you get into your pj's and ends at about 9 p.m. But she'll invite just about anyone she sees now over for a sleepover.
And the fun just keeps on coming.....
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment