Saturday, June 13, 2009

Potty Training,Take 2

So it seems like every other day is a good day. I won't go into yesterday but today was good, very good. I am sure it could be a combination of many things--Daddy being home, the bit of scrapbooking I did this morning, the evening we spent with friends. But we had a mostly great day.

We also have some very exciting news to share---Abigail started really potty training today and she did GREAT! So great. She was outside for a while today so we moved the little potty outside for easy accessibility. There was a good deal of time of running around in her birthday suit (thus we were quarantined to the backyard...oh what the neighbors must think of us!) This is a tactic we did not employ in the potty training of Madelyn but we heard it was quite effective. (There were several tactics we did employ with her and several blogs to note those trials and errors.) But the naked approach is interesting and I think good in theory. Oh the advantages of being a "summer baby." But we are serious about the training and have joked about doing a potty training boot camp with her. Well if today is any indication of how it will go we will be ok. I will not get ahead of ourselves though---it was a long and hard road with Madelyn.

So anyway, the potty was outside. We came in for dinner and right on the middle of dinner Abby announces she has to go to the bathroom. So I tell her I will bring the chair in for her and she says "No, I go outiside." Oh really? Are you sure? Well she did just that. Rushed outside on the deck and did her thing. It totally cracked us up. I won't get share any of the graphic footage but you can get an idea of the scene....potty on the patio.


1 comment:

Kara said...

Good luck! Hope things continue to go well.