Saturday, June 16, 2007

Busy bees

Okay so we got back from Chicago on Thursday. Where has the time gone since then? I swear with kids time just flies. What have we been doing that has kept us just so busy? We certainly cannot be any busier than anyone else but it sure feels that way.

We got back a little later than planned on Thursday so Kevin wonderfully took the rest of the day off. We caught up on things---laundry, naps, grocery shopping. Thursday night I got back into my walking with the neighborhood gals. I really needed to walk off my delicious Giordano's pizza indulgence.

Yesterday the girls and I went to the mall with my mom. The girls were so good and patient while we shopped for some gifts. We went to the mall that has an indoor play area so they were rewarded with playtime. It was so cute to see them going down the slide holding hands.

Last night we went to a neighborhood happy hour which was great but might have been more fun without the children. How bad is that? It was totally child-friendly but I always find it hard to completely relax with the children awake and running about. Plus there is so much that happens during "happy hour" time in our house---dinner, baths, shenanigans---that it isn't always that happy around here. I think "rush hour" would be a better name for that time of day in a household with children. Happy hour can start at 8pm or whenever the munchkins get tucked into bed.

Oh and do I have some really good news!!! This is something to toast to.....my brother got the job so that means he and Kelly ARE moving here. I am so excited I can barely stand it. It looks like the move will not take place until later in August but yippee for them and for us! This is an amazing opportunity for my brother (U.S. Attorney's office) and I know Kelly will find something just as amazing for herself. They are in town this weekend for Jason's high school reunion. We have not seen them yet but they went out apartment hunting this afternoon.

No comments: