Monday, June 11, 2007

On the road again

This is going to have to be short because I have to get to bed and still have a few more things to do. Eeek, it is already almost 11:30. We are off to Chicago tomorrow for a whirlwind trip to celebrate Kevin's mom's last day at school. She is retiring this year so the family is gathering for a special lunch on Wednesday. It's kind of spontaneous. Our days of true travel spontaneity are over for a while but a week's notice is about as spontaneous as we get. We are excited about being there to celebrate this special milestone. Madelyn has not stopped talking about going on the airplane. She is probably right in there for the 2-year-old with the most frequent flier miles!

The best part about today: Date night! Kevin and I went out on a date tonight (no special reason.) It was sooo much fun. We went miniature golfing (it ended in a tie, how sweet) and then out for ice cream. The kids were great, we got out, our neighborhood babysitter earned a little extra $ for her upcoming mission trip. It was a win-win-win and we hope to do it again soon.

1 comment:

Baloo said...

I have been reading your blog for the last few weeks, and have enjoyed every post. Your commentary on the everyday life of being a parent is great, and I can definitely relate. Keep up the good work, and enjoy your trip!

Greg H