We are back to being a no-napper with Abigail. She has learned to stand up in her crib and that is way more interesting than sleeping. She skipped her morning nap all together this morning. She'd stand up in her crib, I'd put her down, she'd cry. Times three. I finally gave up. I really do not care if she takes a morning nap---it'd be better as far as getting out to do things. And she is very pleasant without the nap so we are happy to oblige in the nap-skipping...morning nap only though. Afternoon naps are a must until age 5...ha, ha. She pulled the same stunt at afternoon naptime and again at bedtime. I guess eventually the novelty of crib standing will wear off. That is the funny thing about the second kid (and probably the third, fourth, etc.) is you forget if and when this happened with the first one but eventually it all works out.
Today the girls made a card for our neighbor Patrick who came home from Iraq. (Yay!) Madelyn was trying to get Abby to "sign it!" It was so funny seeing her try to teach Abby how to hold a crayon. Of course Abby just wanted to eat the crayon. Then she grabbed a fistful of the card and stuffed that in her mouth. Madelyn lost it. Poor Patrick had to get a card with a chew mark on it. (We had worked too hard to start over.) It probably even had a few graham crackers crumbs still on it. Maybe Hallmark should consider this "homeyness" in a future card line.
The best part about today: During my evening run/walk I purposely ran through the many sprinklers around the neighborhood---a perfect cool off for a very warm day.
Monday, June 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment