Thursday, March 6, 2008

Check-up Homework

Abigail has her 18-month check up tomorrow. When they called to confirm the appt. today they let me know I have some prep work to do. I guess the pediatrician is trying out a new service that you basically take an on-line survey of the various developmental milestones. It was probably at least 100 questions. Then I filed it and I guess our doctor will review it and print it out to discuss at the appt. It was pretty cool though.

I had to play a couple games with Abby to see how she rated. For example, I had to put a Cheerio in a clear bottle and hand it to her to see if she would turn it over to get the Cheerio out without me showing her to do it like that. Some of this (like that activity) might seem so obvious but other things are not so as a parent it is nice to know what kind of things she "should" be doing. I always wished I could get the checklist in advance to know what I should be working on.
At the 12 month appointment I answered 'no' to almost all the questions because she wasn't walking yet, wasn't talking, etc. I think we are ready for the 18-month check! HA!!

But like all kids, most of the stuff they just do in their own time and that is just as "normal" as it gets.

1 comment:

Melanie Reyes said...

that is cool but did you have to do it on the spot while on the phone? with three kids I would have been saying heck no to that - who has time for 100 questions with kids that don't like mom on the phone? lol
but that's great service!