Madelyn and I were supposed to attend her first Spanish class today but after postponing the class for 3 weeks the teacher did not show up. How annoying! The young students were clearly ready and took turns "teaching" and had a total field day with the chalk board. What a bust. or shall I say busto? (just kidding--totally probably means something terrible in Spanish if it is a word at all.) Madelyn was bummed though...I think she was kind of looking forward to it. Oh well we had a fun day anyway just Mommy and Madelyn. We went to the library (which is usually less than relaxing two kids on one mommy.) Then we went into our little town which seems to be growing in some good ways. We checked out this fancy dog boutique (seriously I want a dog so I can buy some of these cute outfits!) and a candy store.
Then we went to lunch at a wonderful new restaurant (Kevin and Abby met us there). I was a little nervous at first because they have white cloth tablecloths on the tables and everything was so nice and new. But I asked and, yes, the children were welcome. "As long as they can behave and sit nicely" the owner said. At first I took that a little roughly (what children do sit nicely?) but our children are usually pretty good at restaurants. They even put as at the table in the front window which was a really treat for the girls to watch all the action outside. To borrow a phrase from Rachael Ray, the food was totally yum-o and I am eager to go back and try other things. The chef even sent around some steamed mussels which I was like "no thanks" but Kevin tried them so I did have one. I guess there really is some merit in taking a no thank you bite because it was really good.
We did not even have to partake in the "okay you can eat meat on this Friday because it is St. Patrick's Day" thing because there were so many delish seafood options.
But it was a good Friday (not Good Friday--that is next week!) I started the day with taking a 5:30 a.m. class at the gym (yes, really) and took in some afternoon shopping with my mom (I am in a crafty mood after out stop at JoAnn's.) Throw in a little outdoor play, visiting with neighbors...seriously I live a very good life. TGIF!
Friday, March 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like a great day! Sorry about the Spanish class what a bummer.
ooo que lastima!!!
:P
good deal about the restaurant though, what nice princesses!
Post a Comment