Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Little Fish

I am so that mom that takes photos of everything. Sometimes I feel silly taking photos and today was one of those days. But I am glad I am that mom.

Today was a big day. Madelyn started swim lessons and it is the first class in the water without Mommy and Daddy. We did the "Mommy & Me" thing and I really was not all that impressed. Then for a while, I thought, "I taught swimming lessons in college, I will 'homeschool' my children in swimming." Yeah right! This teacher got Madelyn to do more in 30 minutes than anything she had done in the Mommy & Me classes or with our homeschooling. I was so impressed! She was kicking around with a floating dumbbell-bar thingy and floating on her back with the teacher supporting only her head. That is huge.

There are only four kids in the class and get this their names are Madison, Addison, Mason and Madelyn. Oh my! The poor teacher. She was super with them though. I will admit I was very nervous. The teacher told the parents at the start of class that we should consider getting goggles. In my head I laughed, thinking that was unnecessary at this level. But honestly I would not be surprised if she was swimming around at the end of the 10-week session. We will see. Hopefully today was not just beginner's luck.




2 comments:

Kara said...

Fantastic!! This is the kind of class I'm looking for for the boys. I bet they would love it. Woody did really well in the independent gymnastic class that he took...he's tumbling and rolling and jumping more than I could ever teach him. It's amazing how much they REALLY listen to a teacher.

Unknown said...

Fantastic is right! I also taught swimming but it does seem like a hard Mommy job. And wtg wishing the highest aspiration for you kiddos, I believe in them too!