Friday, December 12, 2008

Progress with the Big Guy in Red

We are making some serious progress in the Santa department this year. Check it out:


Our town has this cute little Santa house. I love to visit. It reminds me so much of a similar little place I used to visit in Wisconsin when I was a little girl. All year long we talk about Santa's house. I know how the girls are so I know they are mostly talk. We had to laugh when we asked Abigail if she wanted to sit on Santa's lap and she responded in such a matter of fact way, "Yeah, sure." Madelyn was also begging us to go see Santa tonight.

I did not expect much and was bummed to see we'd have to wait outside in the cold for a few minutes. Probably for nothing. As we moved forward in the cold outside line Madelyn started to panic and decided to go sit in the car. Abigail was holding strong still determined to visit. After a few minutes in the car, in which she found her list she has been keeping, Madelyn decided to get back in line with us.

I thought for sure all bets were off when we went in the doors and Santa greeted them by name. But we all moved slowly and Madelyn took the lead by whipping out her list. She knows she has to face her fears to get what she wants I guess. Abigail went speechless in front of him and has yet to tell anyone what she wants for Christmas (though Madelyn claims she has said she wants a cat!)

But hey, we were all in the same room and no one was crying. It was a good experience.

This morning my mom and I took the girls to take part in another treasured Christmas tradition: trains! Though Madelyn was so sure we were going to see where Daddy takes the train to work I think she got over that disappointment when she saw the awesome display. This is one of those that you can push buttons to make airplanes fly or workers hammer on the rooftop. My favorite area was the Wizard of Oz theme that even featured a whirling tornado. The girls of course liked the princess section that featured a grand ball but they really got into the classic winter scene with the skiers and ice skaters.

1 comment:

Kara said...

A family photo with santa how fun! Hooray!

Where did you get to see the trains?