So the other thing that has been occupying my time (and taking the place of some blog writing) is a writing contest I entered. It goes back to the MOPS Convention when I heard about a new family friendly entertainment company that is seeking writers. So I entered the contest. I did not tell many people that I was entering just because I did not know what I was up against.
The contest was to write a description of a television show. Although I have been interested in television (in fact that is how I started my "career"....my first college internships were in TV) i have zero experience writing for TV. So I figured what the heck and I put together an informal treatment (less than 1,000 words) for a sitcom.
The other reason I did not tell many people is I did not want anyone to fear that I would write them into the show. HA! It was hard at first but once I got going I created completely unique characters, completely fictional. Though the main character (who ironically is a bogger) does bear a bit of resemblance to myself.
I was VERY excited to learn yesterday that I am in the top 25 finalists! Who knows, maybe they only had 25 entries. Yikes. There is only one grand prize and the winner receives a laptop computer. However, my main goal was to get into the top 25 since they may draw from that group for other writing opportunities. So here's hoping that, even if I am not #1, something new and exciting will come out of it. The winner will be announced in about a month.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good for you!!!
How exciting!! Good luck.
Post a Comment