Friday, March 27, 2009

Death challenge

You can tell the seasons have changed---not just winter to spring but Christmas to Easter. Madelyn no longer talks about Baby Jesus all the time but instead she is always talking dying. I can only assume it is from all the talk of Jesus dying on the cross she has heard at MOPS, religious education class and her Christian preschool. It's not that I want to deny of of this (I'm no Peter) -- and I do think it important for the children to know about. We are Christians after all and that is a fundamental belief. But is there a way that is a little more gentle? She is a teeny bit obsessed with death right now and wants to know if everyone and everything (including Barbie) is going to die like Jesus. I suppose we should use this as a teaching moment. I better pull out my parenting manual. Oh wait, I don't have one!

No comments: