Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Throwback Wednesday

We've been talking about doing doing it for a long time....we now get our milk delivered, in a glass bottle, from a local farm! That is so 1950s of us, yes? I have admired some of my neighbors who are trying to "live locally" and that was part of the inspiration to give this a try. Another though is really just convenience. With my dinner swap club and farmers markets for veggies and fruits the dairy portion was the only reason to go to the store.

In future weeks I must be more prepared though. This morning I woke up early (with the no naps and kids going to bed earlier they are also rising earlier!) I was braiding Madelyn's hair when I heard the hum of the delivery truck. Our cooler was not outside yet. For fear that he would leave I ran down the steps and answered the door...in my flannel nightgown no less. Talk about embarrassing. Next time surely I shall be more prepared and just leave the cooler outside.

The kids and their "no naps" plan is going okay. They are in pieces as the evening draws near and the days are longer---I get even less done. So we will continue to stick it out and see if things calm down. It's a scramble when Kevin gets home at 6 and then getting them down by 7 but it is so nice to have our nights back. I even went to bed myself last night at 7:45! WOW.

No comments: