Thursday, September 24, 2009

Homework

I know the time will come in the not-so-distant future when homework will be a real drag. But when it is your first time receiving homework it is pretty exciting! Though she wanted to complete the assignment the minute she received it last week, they were given a few weeks so we took some time with it. The assignment was to make a pennant decorated with stuff "all about me." We completed it last night with the help of my scrapbooking materials, magazines, photos and her own drawings. It was fun to see all the things she wanted to include. I can see how parents get involved in doing their kids' assignments though......but I think I kept it pretty hands-0ff. We don't want it to look like Mommy and Daddy did the whole thing---and I certainly do not want her to say "My Mom did that!" when she presents it to the class. This is just one of many times I wish I could be a fly on the wall of her classroom. I am sure it would be quite interesting to see them all in action.


No comments: