Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Whirlwind weekend

We were in Chicago this weekend...and South Bend. It was a whirlwind weekend for sure but we had so much fun. On Saturday Kevin, Uncle Jeff, Madelyn and I went to the Notre Dame/Nevada game. Big win for the Irish! It was Madelyn's first game. We did all the usual highlights: visit the grotto/light a candle, watch the band parade through campus to the game, ate a hot dog from one of the dorm-concessions, up-in-the-air push-ups for the number of points (Madelyn did 35!), Mass after the game....it was all great. I will say Madelyn did doze off a bit. like to call that the $70 nap. It seemed really odd not to have Abigail with us and the photo of us in front of the Dome seems to exemplify it. But she had a really fun and exciting day back in Chicago with Glamma and Grandpa that apparently included a English/Polish storytime, visiting with more fun family members for lunch and Rainbow Cone (legendary ice cream). It was a good day for all.






On Sunday we went to Kiddieland in Chicago. It is Chicago legend and has been for 80 years. However, at the end of the month they are closing for good. It was good we got to go one last time. I think Glamma and Grandpa had find memories of going there as children, I know Kevin did and now hopefully the girls will too. They had a blast and got to meet Dora, what a bonus!







Madelyn and I cut the weekend a little short in anticipation of her first day of school (part 3). It felt very odd traveling with just one child, incomplete, like I forgot the other two family members. I did not like that feeling much at all. But Kevin and Abigail just arrived home so all is back to normal....until tomorrow when Kevin is on a business trip for the rest of the week. Craziness continues.

No comments: