Wednesday, September 2, 2009

School Daze

Today was step one for the gradual entry for Madelyn's new class. How exciting for us! We went to the classroom today for the group parent conference. I know I keep saying this but it is really big stuff. I am so amazed at all they will cover this year plus all the fun preschool things like crafts, painting and playtime. The teachers seem so excited and are ready for the year. We heard the PTA pitch, got schooled on proper hand washing from the school nurse and met the bus driver (what a character!) So we are gearing up. Tomorrow Madelyn and I will attend for a few hours so that should be fun. Then she will go alone for a few hours on Friday. Then next week we will jump right in with the bus and all.

I have to admit I am really stressing about the schedule. It seems positively crazy with running here and there with them in different schools and which times are best. Ahhh. I think Sept. will be nuts but we can try it all out and see what works for us.

Abigail and I stopping in to Christ Lutheran today. I thought maybe a visit and talk with Mrs. Feustle might help with the potty training (which has not been as stellar yesterday and today. Grrrr.) It was fun to see the classroom at this classic nursery school we have come to love so much. I was surprised to see there are THREE Abbys in her class. Oh my! I know it is a popular name but this is the part I do not like. Here goes the "Abigail N." and "Madelyn N." stuff. That's what we get for picking such pretty names. :)

No comments: