Abigail is 7 months old today! It is amazing how fast the time goes...and also so slowly in other ways. But I always thought once I got to 6 months things would be good. While things are not 100% under control (see previous blogs!--hee, hee) life does seem to make so much more sens then it did 6 months ago. "They" say the first year with two little ones is the roughest so here's to 5 months more to go. But really how easy can it be when they are both walking, talking and exerting their own will? We'll see. I will just be happy with today.
We hosted the neighborhood playgroup today. A real circus in our own backyard! Actually things were mostly fine. The biter came and was in full force. Madelyn got two bites but was overly anxious to play with this little friend time and time again. That's a funny thing about kids. If someone bit me, I'd try to stay away. No problem for her---she just hit back. What a pair...the biter and the hitter. Oh man. Just trying to manage that was enough to send my blood pressure through the roof. Plus lil' Miss Abigail loudly protested when I put her down or someone else tried to hold her. She was just having one of those needy days.
Today was really nice though so we had the crew out in the backyard. That was great. If you have not been to our house we kind of have two backyards because there is an enormous hill in the middle of the yard. But it worked out great for playgroup because we had activities in the upper part (chalk, bubbles, playhouse, picnic table) and activities in the lower part (swings, slide and sandbox). All in all I think it worked out okay.
I would insert a cute photo here (there would have been many opportunities to take said photo) but my hands were too full to juggle the camera also. Feel free to imagine a bunch of two year olds whooping it up! :)
Some of the playgroup friends were unable to make it today due to a stomach bug. I am hoping and praying that bug passes us by. We have been so lucky so far. I hope our luck continues!
The best part about today: Meeting a new friend for Abby---a new neighbor has a little girl (Emerson) that is just 3 weeks older. They were so cute sitting together watching all the big kids. Soon enough they will be on the move too.
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment