(DEEP BREATH)
So we had a great day. Today I took the girls on a "field trip." Wednesday is normally our neighborhood playgroup day but today the playgroup went to the B&O Railroad museum. I was a bit nervous about taking them both by myself since I am still not 100% great at taking them on big outings but it worked out perfectly. I was a force to be reckon with for sure. I had the double stroller and the carrier for Abby. Of course Madelyn did not want anything to do with the stroller nor did Abby so I pushed the limo of strollers around without wither kid in it! It worked great for carrying all our stuff. Of course I had snacks, drinks and an emergency arsenal of things on hand. You never know what challenges may arise. What a confidence boost it was for me thought to have done it and we all had a great time.
Madelyn had a blast getting on all the huge trains. Look how tiny she and her friends look next to the enormous train engine. Geesh!
Today was toddler story time so they had a special room set up for the kids to play in and hear the story. Today's story was about a fire fighting dog so all the kids got a fire hat. Madelyn loved hers and was the only kid in our group that sat through the whole story. Those 3 weeks of school! ;) Abby listened to the story also and seemed to really enjoy herself. She very couragously sacrified her morning nap for the sake of a fun outing. What a martyr!
After the story time all the children were invited to ride on the kiddie train. There were so many people we had to wait a while but it was worth it for the lil' conductor in her big pink coat. Whoo, Whoo! What a great time!!
We will have to go back again when it is warmer. They have a great outdoor train garden, play area (train themed of course) and offer rides on the real trains. Cool! It was just too chilly today to spend much time outside.
Everyone was nice and worn out for afternoon naps.
The best part about today: Waking Madelyn up with out genuine wooden train whistle....now we can really play train at home.
1 comment:
that looks like so much fun!! Where is it? I must take the boys...
Post a Comment