We did have a fun morning though! MOMS Club meeting was today and we had an Abrakadoodle class (http://www.abrakadoodle.com/). It was so neat! In this innovative art class the little ones (20 months and older) take a close look at a famous masterpiece and re-create it on some basic level. Today we talked about pointellism and looked at the famous work by Georges Seurat, "A Sunday on La Grande."
Here is Madelyn and hermasterpiece, we call it "A Spotted Lizard on the Paper" or is it "A Lizard on the Spotted Paper"?:
Isn't it cute how they put a "frame" around it? They also display them around the room and the kids have an opportunity to talk about their work.
After the class and plenty of running around at the meeting, we had to rush off to our next event. I "lost" my keys and had everyone looking all over the place. I was starting to panic. Ooops, they were in my pocket underneath the carrier Abby was sleeping soundly in. How embarassing!
With keys and kids in hand we skipped the playground and went off to our neighborhood playgroup. We would normally skip playgroup if we had another activity but we went because it was Ella's playgroup birthday party. We were there only half an hour or 45 mins. but that was enough to get the party mode. There was playing, dancing, cupcakes (we skipped them though since there would be no hope of a decent lunch with a cupcake in the tummy!), juice and a goody bag of treats to take home! What a party!!
Abby is awake now and I think I heard little footsteps also from Madelyn. I guess it is just way to nice outside to waste time sleeping. I kind of agree! The afternoon should be pretty low key but the evening picks up again with me going to a focus group (try on make-up, get $50) and the neighborhood women's group meeting (drink wine, gossip)....thus the early blog!
The best part about today: With beautiful weather like this everything seems perfect!
No comments:
Post a Comment