Oh no, no, no, no....we are not expecting again. But today we did have a little taste of what it would be like to have 3 children. Can you say crazy? Thankfully nature does not allow one to have children spaced as closely together as the three in our house were today. I can see why. We were BUSY!
Our old neighbors, Deverie and Eric, are moving in a few weeks and we volunteered to babysit their adorable 9-month-old son, Ryan, for a few hours. This is the scene: Ryan is just starting to crawl; Abby puts everything in her mouth; and Madelyn is well, all over the place and in your face, especially when you are smaller than she is. Everyone did fine and we all survived but we are 100% exhausted. Getting all 3 kids down for an afternoon was a real challenge. In the end, Ryan slept and the Nelson girls did not. Oh well. We believe in proper hospitality so it seemed only right that our guest should receive the best treatment.
I think I am too tired to even write any more tonight.
The best part about today: "Sleeping in" (until 7:30am...is it sad that I consider that sleeping in?) The little ones were up off and on last night for some reason so we all lost a few zzz's. Thankfully we went to church yesterday afternoon so we could relax this morning. It was wonderful!
Sunday, March 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh man. i don't know how ppl do it. My cousin has three with one on the way..and I was exhausted just trying to help her with her 3 while watching my two. ack!
Post a Comment