If the day would have ended this afternoon I would have give today a major thumbs down. At 2:30 this afternoon I had a roaring headache and TWO screaming little girls (no naps).
I had started out so good. The girls slept in a bit and I got up, had a shower, checked e-mail and wrangled the piles of laundry downstairs (and got 2 loads underway). But somewhere it all went wrong.
We went out to pick up a free cozy coupe style car for Madelyn. (We now have a moratorium on wheeled toys in this house. We could host several friends and everyone could have their own bike or car.) It was free but it was a trip to get there, the drive took about 30 minutes each way. Everyone was okay in the car. As a reward we went to the playground to meet Kim and Lola. Fun, right? No way! Abby screamed (so much that everyone was staring!) and Madelyn was being a meanie to Lola. I am not sure why the aggression started up again. So we packed up, both kids crying (and me on the verge) and headed home for lunch.
MORE TEARS.
Ok, fine. Everyone is tired, it's naptime.
MORE TEARS.
NO NAPS!
I now had the headache. (I wonder why?) On the verge of loosing it completely, I took a Motrin, tossed the kids in the jogger and we headed outside. There might have been smoke coming from my sneakers I was walking so fast and so hard around the neighborhood. It was a great idea though. It was beautiful (even a little hot) outside. I got my energy out and magically they stopped crying. Hallelujah! They both actually even took a little snooze. I am sure they needed it after all that crying.
By the time we did at least 3 laps around the neighborhood, I was calmer and so were the kids. So we played outside until the magic happy hour, 6pm, when Daddy comes home!!! Things were already looking up but with Kevin home I just felt like I could breathe easier.
Even though I swore the kids were going to bed early, it was so pleasant outside we had to soak up the warm weather. Madelyn was dying to go into the playhouse and Abby was kind of interested too.
Isn't it crazy to see Abby standing there? WOW! She is something. She is going to love what the Easter Bunny is bringing her.... You see part of Kevin's hand because she is not 100% steady yet. In fact right after the photo we had a little mishap. But those little legs are sure getting strong!
Other exciting Abigail news to report: her first tooth is breaking through. Maybe that is the cause for the troublesome sleeping. Who knows but the little tooth has just broken through in the last few days.
The best part about today: Burning some extra calories with my super hard walk. (Though the pizza we ordered for dinner will probably cancel that out. HA!)
1 comment:
OMG Abby is getting so big!
Post a Comment