Tuesday, July 31, 2007

All quiet on the eastern front

Southwest Airlines pretty much saved the day. They took mercy on us and allowed us to change our flight. Must have been the crying, barking kid in the background while I was on the phone!

So Abby and I are still in Maryland. Kevin and Madelyn went on as planned. I was really sad. This is the farthest I have been away from her. This is a good lesson in separation. In some ways it is like a mini-vacation. I forgot how easy just one child is. Like today for example, we went to the mall in the afternoon. I think there are actually better sales in the middle of the afternoon. We went shoe shopping for the almost walker. I thought a new pair of shoes might motivate her. The cutest ones (that also happened to be on sale---when does that ever happen?) were not in her size. I really want to bronze her first pair of shoes (after she is done wearing them, of course--planning ahead here!) so I want just the right pair. She seemed to care less about the Laurens vs. the Parkers vs. the Martis but once I saw the adorable Laurens I could not go back. We will check back with Stride Rite.

Other than that is pretty quiet in this house. Very strange sensation. I did clean the house top to bottom. I dare a germ to thrive in this Lysol-laden environment or a dust bunny to loom under a bed. My mom came over after work which was awesome. We took Abby and went to this cute little local pizza place. What a treat since I figured there would be some Giordano's pizza (my favorite---can't pass up the 2 lbs. of cheese per slice) being consumed in Chicago.

My mom had the cleaning bug also and helped me clean out the car a bit. I mean, we even vacuumed so there is not even a single Cheerio crumb to be found. Who needs Merry Maids! Then she was kind enough to stay while I went for a quick run/walk with the girls. All in all a very good night.

We hope to get on a flight tomorrow evening. She really does seem to be getting better every day so tomorrow will be Day 4 of the medicine. Hopefully we will just have a low key relaxing day. Seriously I forget what to do with just one child. I know I will have a slight panic that I left Madelyn somewhere.

It's pretty late but I never sleep quite as well when I am in the house alone. Was that a noise? Someone trying to get in? Oh, just the ice maker. I drive myself crazy like that all the time for no reason.

I still never finished my story about our trip to Dutch Wonderland.....maybe tomorrow. Pretty soon it will boil down to simple, it was fun. This blog is partially for my own memory because something happens during pregnancy and in mommy-ness that you are not always as sharp as you used to be.

The best part about today: (Major toss up between the equally fun) The relaxing and yummy dinner out with mom & Abby and catching up with the AZ-livin' Dana.

No comments: