This has been a pretty good weekend. I did a lot of scrapbooking. This new power layout helped me get 20 pages done on Abby's album. And that really was not as fast as I could/should have done it. I wasn't 100% focused because I was chatting with my friends and my perfectionism still gets the best of me. But that is still a record for me. I will be caught up in no time with my new skills.
Saturday night we went across town on a "best pizza" quest. We had read about this place that seemingly has the best pizza in Baltimore. Since Madelyn had a sleepover at Nana and Pop's, we took just Abby to check it out. The pizza was just okay but we had fun. I forgot how calm a dinner can be with just one kid. Most of the time Abby had her eyes on this high school-age couple behind us. I don't know why she was so fascinated by them but she watched them all through out dinner, just pausing to grab some food from her plate to shove into her mouth. Kevin and I actually got to talk. What a novelty!
Unfortunately Abigail has been waking up at night. I wonder if more teeth are coming in. So it was not the most restful night but that's parenthood for you. We did manage to make it (a little late) to 8 a.m. mass. That is pretty amazing since I did not get out of bed until 7:30. I even took a (very fast) shower and partially dried my hair. Again, just have the one kid this morning allowed us to do that.
Today has been pretty relaxed with the movie excursion and then long naps. It seems to be a pretty nice day so hopefully we will get to fully enjoy what is left of this weekend.
Sunday, July 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment