Friday, July 27, 2007

Madelyn on the mend

Thanks for all the care and concern about Madelyn. I think she is doing better. Poor girl had a double ear infection. The doctor said she does not have pink eye but he said whatever was going on in her ears was in her eyes. Yuck.

It has been quite an ordeal to get her to take her medicines (Motrin, antibiotic and eye drops). I mean we've tried everything. Bribery (movie, cookie, ice cream)......Making up crazy stories (Like the Princesses use these special drops to make their eyes sparkle).....Colored sprinkles mixed in with the medicine.......just forcing it in. {Note: This method NOT recommended. Just don't ever attempt it. Let me tell you that totally backfired and she threw up all over Kevin and on the new carpet. I gag, just thinking about it!} We finally mixed it in with a McDonald's chocolate milkshake and wallah! So she will be having a lot of chocolate milkshakes for the next 10 days. What a lucky girl.

Kevin is so nice. I was more than stressed and he urged me to let off a little steam last night with a few neighbors. We actually went out in Fells Point on a Thursday. It was so much fun. I am so lucky to have such cool neighbors. Seriously, it was almost 1 a.m. when we got home. That's right we can still hang. ;)

Hopefully I can continue the wrap up from last weekend before it escapes me too much.

No comments: