We went to the movies today. We have never taken the kids to the movies but decided Madelyn might be old enough to see Ratatouille. She had seen a short preview on TiVo and has been talking about it ever since. We thought maybe Abby would be okay too so all four of us went to the weekend super bargain matinee of $5 per person.
At first Madelyn was scared. I mean she was even nervous just walking in to the lobby of the theatre! I said, "mmm, smell the popcorn?" (she does not even know what popcorn is!) and "ooooh, you have your own ticket, can you give it to the guy?" (nope!) It was all very suspect.
So we get into the theatre and luckily the lights had not been dimmed. The ads they were running were loud and I guess the screen was a little overwhelming. See, if we had purchased a big screen TV at home maybe it would not be so overwhelming. ha! Anyway the lights dimmed and the movie previews began. Abby was quite interested which is funny because she has no interest in TV or movies (even Baby Einstein.) But Madelyn was out of her seat with her head buried in Kevin's chest. Madelyn got even more upset when the lights dimmed all the way and the movie began. It started out a little loud and lots of action that she thought was scary...and I can understand. At that point Abby started to get more upset and squirmy. I tried to give her the paci but she pulled it out of her mouth and threw it (her new thing). Great! I had no idea where it went. After a few minutes of squinching my eyes to see it and running my hand along the icky, sticky floor, I thought forget, it. I tired to keep her calm but no luck. I knew our time was up.
I abandoned ship. At first I thought Madelyn might not want to stay either but by then she was into it. She and Kevin stayed and enjoyed the movie while Abby and I headed over to the mall. She was just tired I guess but did not fall asleep until about five minutes before we met up with the movie-goers. So it goes.
Kevin and Madelyn filled me in on the movie and I guess I will just check it out again on DVD in a few months. Luckily it was only $5 lost on the 15 or so minutes of the movie we did see.
Sunday, July 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment