Poor Abigail. She does in fact have an ear infection. Mother's intuition I guess because she was relatively asymptomatic. I am so glad we went in today. The only appointment. I could get was at 1:30 p.m. Probably because everyone else who need to see a pediatrician is napping at that time. But we made it work and I am so glad we did. Madelyn apparently has a bit of fluid behind her ears but does not have an infection. I am guessing she has been fighting it off and that is why she has been so grumpy lately. Abby should be better in the next day or so once the medicine kicks in.
Due to the doctor's appointment and all the running around beforehand to keep them awake (libray storytime, lunch and playtime out) they were ready for a nice nap after 2 p.m. Madelyn did not wake up until 5 p.m.! Geesh! But it all worked out because we had pizza with our neighbors Amy and Patrick so they were in good spirits for visiting ( a little too good for Madelyn---she was all wound up---running all around, etc.)
They went to bed a bit later than usual so that gave us a late start on getting ready for tomorrow. The neighborhood parade is at 10 a.m. and then we are having everyone over here for an afternoon cookout. Should be quite a fun and festive day!
The best part about today: Watching Kevin and Madelyn searching the yard to find lightning bugs to put in the "bug house." Precious!
Tuesday, July 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment