Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Grocery shopping will never be the same

So after a little library story time action this morning we made a quick pit stop at the grocery store. I rarely take them to the store anymore so you know it was a dire need to stop. Anyway. Just as we pulled into the parking lot Madelyn spotted it: the car cart. You know, it looks like a cart in the back part but the front is a monstrous plastic car that two kids can sit in. I usually skip this fun activity for so many reasons.
1. The cart has to be loaded with germs.
2. The children are at the perfect level to reach and grab things off shelves.
3. Until now Abby was too little to even sit in there + being that close to Madelyn for too long can be dangerous, especially when potential harmful objects like canned goods or cereal boxes might be involved.
4. The cart is really heavy and hard to steer--I nearly cleared an end cap making a turn between aisles and nearly missed the heels of a young man stocking the dairy shelves.
5. Once you start a regular cart will never do.

So that is it. We went to the store and I drove BIG, YELLOW bus cart. It was clearly the highlight of Madelyn's day. She recalled it right away when Kevin asked her what she did today. She did say Abby turned up the radio too loud. I guess that is the magic of the big car cart...

The best part about today: My mom's brother Jim happened to be in town this evening so we went over to Nana and Pop's for a quick visit. We have not seen him since Jason and Kelly's wedding 3 years ago and he had never met the girls. He has 3 kids (2 girls and a boy) but his girls (18 and 17) are just about as far apart as Madelyn and Abigail so I could tell he was going down memory lane watching them together.

2 comments:

Me said...

Gee Jessica, as Andrew can clearly tell you, those carts are ONLY for kids whose birthday it is. :)

D2 said...

Hey -- I miss you! Are you getting my emails? I have sent you two in the last month. Starting to get a complex...