Ok. I am not even going to focus on the potty training. I can't go there. Too frustrating. Perhaps she is not ready after all..... But I tell you she sure is ready for a prize or M&Ms! I think that is a good reason not to offer rewards, they get too obsessed with the rewards. She is cute though and she is kind of trying. I think we all just need to take a step back and relax a bit. It will happen, someday.
On to something that is more positive.
Abigail is getting close to walking and it is precious. She really could take off any day now though I have been thinking that for a while. I have to say I just love the pre-walking stage where she just holds on to my fingers and plods along in these huge walk-0n-the-moon-type steps. She really just needs the confidence. Her swanky new shoes she got in Chicago seem to be helping with balance even though "they" say barefoot is better. She gets plenty of barefoot time too.
I have two funny stories from church today and then I have got to go to bed. {I am going to try to get to bed by 10 p.m. every day this week and see if that helps my mental state. :)}
Church story #1 (Abby related): I have to apologize to the person who had to sit in our pew at the next mass. I am so sorry you had a wet seat! It was nothing gross, I assure you. This is what happened. The biggest thing with Abby is she just wants to be free. But because of the aforementioned lack of confidence with the walking this can be challenging. She is particularly squirmy at church. We have been letting her cruise along the pew which usually buys us a bit of quiet to somewhat pay attention. Cheerios also help. So she is standing by the pew with a small bowl of Cheerios (the last in the box that included the fine crumbs) and whoops! over goes the bowl. The Cheerios are no biggie to pick up but not there is this hill of fine Cheerio crumbs on the pew. The nice cushions our church has in the pew is great for sitting but a bit more difficult for cleaning. Thankfully a wipe cleans it up nicely but since this was toward the end of mass it was likely not completely dry.
I hope we do not get a "strike" for that.....can the getting up and making it to church credit counteract that?
Church story #2 (Madelyn related): Madelyn typically likes to walk to and from Communion which is fine. Today she had on a new dress Nana picked up for her (Abby had a matching dress---they looked adorable, if I do say so myself!). Well the bloomers were a bit bit on her so as she was walking back from Communion I turned to see her pants were completely around her ankles! Poor baby. She is too young to know that was a first class embarrassing moment but it was kind of funny. That'll be a story I will have to tell her prom date.
I guess if we did not get a "strike" for the pew spill than laughing at Communion might get us one. :)
Church is not always that eventful!
The best part about today: Family dinner with Nana, Pop, Uncle Jason, Aunt Kelly and Rockne....our first family dinner with Jason and Kelly back in MD.
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment