I might have to enter today in the "most productive day ever" contest (if there was such a contest.) We started the day early because we had to pick up the week's produce and get the car* to the dealership by 8 a.m.
*A side note on the car, the main reason we had to visit the dealership was the automatic doors were not working. I had no idea how helpful those automatic doors are. A few hours without them and I was strained. So I called and set up an appointment even though a Friday appt. would have been so much easier with Kevin off and all. But since we are planning to go to Sesame Place (outside Philadelphia) tomorrow I thought we better have the car checked out. Besides it almost has 30,000 miles so it was due for a check-up.
So we are out the door (awake, fed, dressed) by around 7:45 a.m. We get the produce (which had a lot of goodies to make fresh salsa---YUM!), drop off to our produce partners and make our way to the dealership.
I had no idea how long the car would take so I was playing out all these different scenarios in my head. Should we wait? And subject the kids to the transportation-themed playroom and stale donuts? Should we take the shuttle home and then back? What a major stress with having the kids and the car seats. I decided to wait. Though I really do not like to go to Wal-Mart, there is one near the dealership and we did have a few things to pick up. So I unloaded the double stroller and off we went. The dealership is located in a fairly pedestrian-unfriendly area but amazingly there were a few sidewalks (though there were tall weeds towering over them) so we did not have to walk along Rte. 40. My double stroller may be kind of big but it could not count as a vehicle. Along the way we stopped to watch the construction sites and wave at the school bus drivers.
We peruse Wal-Mart like aimless wanderers. It is amazing that store sure does have everything and it's mostly cheap (in every both senses of the word). We get our necessities and a few extras and make our way back, an hour or so later. On the walk back we receive THE CALL. The care is all tuned up. The doors I ask? Yeah, there is a button on the dashboard that was turned off. DUH! Thanks goodness that was not the only reason we brought the car in. Madelyn was sitting in the front when the car was parked yesterday (she never gets to do this which is why...) she pushed the button and I never noticed.
Ok, so it is a little after 10 and we have produce, a tuned up car, a healthy walk, our errands completed. What the heck. We try playgroup. It was a madhouse but fun to see everyone. Madelyn was immediately immersed. I got a sudden, ferocious headache and wanted to go but hated to tear Madelyn away from her friends.
We get back, have lunch and then during naps I manage to clean, fold 2 loads of laundry, make dinner for a new mom & her family, and catch up on some of my correspondence. I should have taken a nap. Because here it is the end of the day and I still have that horrible headache. Oh well, it should go down in the record books that everything can be accomplished in a day. Yeah right! I wish.
The best part about today: We went out for a fun family dinner tonight to celebrate the birthdays. It really is birthday week!
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment