Yesterday was a wonderful day. Not only was the weather 100% perfect but we had the right mix of relaxing and getting things done. Kevin bought some new plants and flowers to spruce up the backyard. (He is actually out in the rain today planting them!) Jason and Kelly (and Rockne) came over for dinner last night which was a lot of fun.
After they left and the kids were in bed we popped over to our neighbor's house for a little neighborly fun on the deck. It was so nice to catch up with everyone. Lots of good chatter and a little bit of wine. Next thing it was 2 a.m.! OMG. We have not been up since Abby was a newborn. Yikes! So we came home, went to bed and were awoken at 3:30 a.m. to the sound of fire truck sirens....and small explosion sounds.....and then a chainsaw kind of sound. A nearby pizza place was on fire as it turns out. It was quite a stir. The place is only a block or tow from our house and since the weather was so nice the windows were open. We finally fell back asleep until Abby woke up at 5:30 or so and would not go back to sleep. Are you kidding me? Madelyn was up by 6:30 so we figured what the heck, let's start the day. So we actually made it to 8 a.m. mass. We treated ourselves to donuts after church and I even had coffee. I never drink coffee but I might have to acquire the taste because right now I certainly do not feel like I only got 2-4 hours of sleep last night. We must think we are college kids again.....HA! I guess I have to make a pact to go to be at 10 p.m. or earlier again every day this week.
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment