Abby's bad habit of putting everything, everything (seriously has to be more than just the normal oral phase!) is really starting to get to me. I think I had said this before but it is not uncommon for me to do a finger swipe multiple times a day to see what she has in her mouth. She eats a lot of paper. A cry for more fiber in her diet? Perhaps.
Madelyn has a few bad habits also. One of them is throwing things over to her sister's car seat as we are cruising down the highway. Toys, shoes, socks, books, etc. She claims she is trying to share. Yeah, right!
Well the two bad habits really collided today.
We were on the way home from the Krispy Kreme tour with our MOMS Club friends (complete with hot, fresh donut tasting, read: zipped up, happy kids!) As we are driving Madelyn throws her paper Krispy Kreme hat over to Abby. I should have known the silence was bad. I pulled into the driving and opened the doors to unload the girls only to find Abby has eaten the entire top of the hat. That girl! Madelyn is of course in tears because her super cool worker hat is now super cool sun visor-style. I am really, really ready for the oral stage to end.
Kevin had a REALLY long day. Abby was having some sort of unknown issue and was up (to play!) at 3 a.m. She apparently was quite annoyed we all wanted to sleep so she screamed and screamed until she woke all of us up--even Madelyn! After checking all the major potential issues and coming up with nothing, we ended up closing her door, turning off the monitor and trying to block it out. Kevin had to be up at 4:30 a.m. to catch a 6 a.m. flight for a meeting in Detroit. It was supposed to be a quick trip but due to flight delays he did not return h0me until 10ish. Thanks goodness Nana was here holding down the fort because of all nights, this was my night out at Let's Dish to make some yummy meals. What a crazy night!!!
Hopefully everyone will sleep tight tonight or that monitor will end up outside on the curb. Just kidding! Or am I?
The best part about today: Madelyn was a major chatterbox lately and it is just so cute to hear her telling all these complex stories. Today was particularly full of great stories. She just talks with the greatest emphasis and inflection. By the time Nana got here I was hearing the same stories it seemed like so she had a new audience in Nana.
Madelyn has a few bad habits also. One of them is throwing things over to her sister's car seat as we are cruising down the highway. Toys, shoes, socks, books, etc. She claims she is trying to share. Yeah, right!
Well the two bad habits really collided today.
We were on the way home from the Krispy Kreme tour with our MOMS Club friends (complete with hot, fresh donut tasting, read: zipped up, happy kids!) As we are driving Madelyn throws her paper Krispy Kreme hat over to Abby. I should have known the silence was bad. I pulled into the driving and opened the doors to unload the girls only to find Abby has eaten the entire top of the hat. That girl! Madelyn is of course in tears because her super cool worker hat is now super cool sun visor-style. I am really, really ready for the oral stage to end.
Kevin had a REALLY long day. Abby was having some sort of unknown issue and was up (to play!) at 3 a.m. She apparently was quite annoyed we all wanted to sleep so she screamed and screamed until she woke all of us up--even Madelyn! After checking all the major potential issues and coming up with nothing, we ended up closing her door, turning off the monitor and trying to block it out. Kevin had to be up at 4:30 a.m. to catch a 6 a.m. flight for a meeting in Detroit. It was supposed to be a quick trip but due to flight delays he did not return h0me until 10ish. Thanks goodness Nana was here holding down the fort because of all nights, this was my night out at Let's Dish to make some yummy meals. What a crazy night!!!
Hopefully everyone will sleep tight tonight or that monitor will end up outside on the curb. Just kidding! Or am I?
The best part about today: Madelyn was a major chatterbox lately and it is just so cute to hear her telling all these complex stories. Today was particularly full of great stories. She just talks with the greatest emphasis and inflection. By the time Nana got here I was hearing the same stories it seemed like so she had a new audience in Nana.
2 comments:
Your writing just cracks me up. I find myself reading and making these facial expressions that I think you would be making. You keep me in stitches.
As far as the oral phase -- my 2.5 yr. old niece still puts everything in her mouth. It grosses me out and I can't stand it!!
I agree with Tadamom, Your blog is great! And my friend has a little girl that still EVERYTHING goes in the mouth!!!!
Post a Comment